Habanos Blog: Cuban Cigars, Plain and Simple

Habanos Cigar Blog - The authority on Cuban Cigars. Dedicated to spreading One Man's passion and knowledge for Cuban Cigars and the good life.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Back in Vancouver

I am back home for 2 days until I go to Mexico to get married. The wedding is on the 29th.

I didn't get a chance to source out any cigar shops while in Paris, but I'm sure there are a few, at least. Paris is fantastic though, but I only had 2 full days there, so I got to see very little. We did a boat tour on the Bateaux Mouches, which is the best 8 Euros you can spend in Paris - 8 Euros will get you a beer most other places. We spent a tonne of money on the Champs Elysses, they have a Louis Vuitton store that must do $500,000 a day of business.

The highlight of the trip though was the first night when we stayed at the Chateau of friends in Bois le Roi. This place was beautiful, right beside the Seine about 50 miles outside of Paris. We had a wonderful meal and a bottle of wine, a 2001 Chateau Pech Redon that seemed to solidify any doubts that we were in France. Sarah and I ahve decided that buying a place in this area is now a life goal.



That's all I have to say for now, but there will be much more coming in the next 2 weeks when I return from Mexico, including cigar and drink reviews, pics and stories.